This is a favorite and yummy chicken recipe that is really good to take to your next church event or to serve up for dinner for the family. Enjoy y'all!
• 1/3 c. butter or margarine
• 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
• 1/3 c. self-rising flour
• 1 1/2 c. chicken stock (canned is fine)
• 1 1/2 c. milk
• 3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 t. cumin
• 1/2 t. chili powder
• 1 8 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 lb. chicken, fully cooked and cubed (again, canned is fine)
• 1/2 lb. spaghetti, fully cooked
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add green peppers and cook 2-3 minutes. Add flour and cook an additional 2 minutes. Slowly add chicken stock and milk. Whisk or stir well to prevent lumps.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3 minutes, until slightly thicker than a gravy consistency. Remove from heat. Stir in spices, cubed chicken and spaghetti until combined well. Cook on low until thickened.
3. Serve with a nice salad! Ummm ummm good!