Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy Fall Cranberry Apple Casserole

Here is one more apple recipe that I just love!  I call it one of "Sunday go to meeting" recipes! 

 
I thought with all of the Holidays coming up and all of the church homecomings just around the corner I would share a few of my favorites with you in my next few posts.  

This is also a very easy casserole dish and it can also be fixed in a hurry.  Enjoy!

 
Ingredients:
1 large can (21 ounce) apple pie filling 
(sugar-free is fine!)

1 can (16 ounce) whole berry cranberry sauce

1/4 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cup rolled oats (that's oatmeal y'all!)

3/4 cup brown sugar

 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine the pie filling and the cranberry sauce in a 8X8 or a 9X9 baking dish.  Mix the butter, oats and brown sugar until it is crumbly.  Sprinkle this over the fruit mixture and bake for 40 minutes.  That's it...easy peasy!

You can also use cherry or peach pie filling...it is wonderful and so easy!

1 comment:

Cooking Creation said...

I wanted to say that I am loving your blog :) I love the combination of cranberry and apple. I'll have to give this one a try :)