I love Fall! This is a great recipe that is so easy. I thought I would share it just in time for some of these cool Fall evenings we have been having lately. It goes great with a nice cup of coffee...and ice cream, of course!
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup rolled oats ( Quaker Instant oatmeal works fine)
3 Tablespoons sugar or Splenda
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
3-4 large apples
2 Tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees; Spray a 2 quart baking dish with Pam.
2. Combine the flour, oatmeal, sugar/Splenda and butter in a large bowl with your fingers or a fork until the mixture gets crumbly.
3. For the filling, peel, core and slice the apples. Layer the apple slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar and the cinnamon over the apple slices. Sprinkle the topping mixture over the top.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the apples get soft and the crumbly mixture is lightly browned.
5. Serve warm....mmmmm good!